Spartanburg, SC – Crash with Injuries Reported near Exit 22 on I-26
Last updated Wednesday, January 18th, 2023
Spartanburg, SC (January 1, 2023) – Multiple first responders reported a crash that took place in the Spartanburg area on Sunday that ended in injuries. At around 5:50 a.m., on January 1, the South Carolina Department of Transportation informed officials that a crash took place on Interstate 26.
The South Carolina Highway Patrol and firefighters responded to the scene of the accident. Preliminary crash reports indicate that a traffic wreck caused severe delays in the east lanes of the interstate in the area around exit 22. The incident caused severe delays throughout the area. The crash closed the right lane of travel, prompting authorities to secure the site as they worked to clear the roadway.
Paramedics responded to care for the injured victims and transport them to local hospitals.
The accident is currently being investigated.
We hope the injured victims are able to make a timely recovery.
Car Accidents in South Carolina
Tens of thousands of people across the state of South Carolina are negatively affected as a result of car crashes every year. Many accidents are caused by drivers who engage in negligent actions while behind the wheel. Some of the leading causes of car crashes include:
- Drivers who are intoxicated.
- Drivers who are distracted.
- Divers who failed to yield.
- Divers who run red lights.
- Drivers who pass stop signs.
Unfortunately, these and other acts of negligence contribute to a significant portion of the crashes that occur in our state. Many people involved in accidents are left with severe injuries. Some of the most common include:
- Broken bones: Compound fractures are one of the most common injuries from car accidents. These injuries often result in the need for therapy and rehabilitation and casting.
- Internal organ injuries: these injuries can be incredibly serious and sometimes even fatal. The force of the impact can cause severe damage to the lungs, spleen, and other internal organs. These injuries can be life-threatening if immediate care is not rendered.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries are also very serious and can often result in paralysis. We see many people left with paraplegia or quadriplegia following crashes in our state.
If you were hurt in a car crash, the Spartanburg car accident lawyers at Monge & Associates can help you move forward. Our seasoned legal advocates have decades of combined experience helping individuals get justice and holding negligent drivers accountable. We can file a personal injury case on your behalf and work to get you the compensation you deserve. Call our South Carolina personal injury team today at 888-688-1924 for a free consultation.
Note: Our writers used secondary sources when creating this accident news post. We have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this accident, therefore, if there is any information that is incorrect, contact Monge & Associates immediately. We will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will remove a post if requested.
Disclaimer: This post is not a solicitation for business. None of the information in this post is intended to be medical or legal advice. The photo used in this post was not taken at the accident scene described in this post.