A car accident can be a traumatizing and stressful experience resulting in serious injuries, overwhelming medical bills, car repairs, and lost wages and income. Our experienced Atlanta car accident attorneys will be with you every step of the way to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
- An experienced lawyer can help you: The attorneys at Monge & Associates are familiar with Georgia’s laws and will work to build the strongest case possible on your behalf. Our objective is always to secure the best possible verdict on your behalf.
- We are prepared to take your case to trial: We are committed to securing justice on your behalf. If an acceptable settlement is not proposed, we are ready and willing to take your case to trial to ensure you are fairly compensated for your injuries.
- Car accident cases can be complex: Every car accident case is unique. To get a better sense of whether you may have a case and what it may be worth, reach out to our law firm for assistance. Our lawyer will discuss the details of your situation in detail and help you settle on a legal course of action that matches your needs. Your initial case consultation will be provided at no charge.
Get Your Free Case Review
We offer a free case review where we will evaluate the details of your accident and determine if you have a case. This will give you an idea of what to expect and how we can help you.
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident in Atlanta caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, call Monge & Associates today at 888-505-6739 to find out how much your case is really worth.
Atlanta Car Accident Resources
To immediately access the resources at any point on this page, click the corresponding links below.
Meet Car Accident Attorney Scott Monge
Notable Case Results
What Our Clients Are Saying
How Much Does a Lawyer Cost?
Why Do Car Accidents Occur?
Common Car Accident Injuries
Types of Car Accidents in Atlanta
Why Hire an Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer?
When Should I Contact an Attorney
How We Will Handle Your Case
Securing Fair Compensation in Your Case
Potential Damages Available
Steps After a Car Accident
Atlanta Car Accidents FAQs
Areas We Serve
Speak to a Lawyer Today
Meet Car Accident Attorney Scott Monge
Founding attorney Scott Monge is committed to fighting for justice for those who have suffered harm due to the negligent actions of other people or organizations. A longtime resident of Atlanta, he opened his own law firm in 1993 in a rented, one-person office. Since then, his firm has grown to encompass thirty-six offices spread out across the United States.
Although his practice has grown substantially, Scott and his fellow attorneys continue to live by their Platinum Rule: treat people with the same respect and kindness that they would want their loved ones to receive. At Monge & Associates, the primary focus is on creating a client-first environment and securing substantial results on behalf of injury victims. Clients throughout the years have trusted Scott to handle every aspect of their car accident case, from investigating the crash scene to negotiating with insurance companies. His tireless pursuit of justice has led to favorable results and significant settlements for countless victims in Atlanta and across the greater United States.
Notable Case Results
When you choose Monge & Associates, you can rest assured that our attorneys have a long history of winning significant settlements on behalf of car accident victims in Atlanta. Some noteworthy case results include:
- $6,000,000 recovered for a family hurt by a convicted felon under the influence of illegal drugs who was negligently hired without an appropriate background check
- $675,000 recovered for a victim who was rear-ended
- $500,000 recovered for a motorist who was struck by a drunk driver, who then fled the scene of the collision
- $318,000 recovered for a victim involved in a crash that caused substantial property damage
- $310,000 recovered for two clients who suffered substantial injuries when a car pulled into traffic recklessly and t-boned their vehicle
- $275,000 recovered for a car accident victim who was rear-ended by a semi pro basketball player
You can see additional case results here.
What Our Clients Are Saying: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“This law firm has represented me several times and has not disappointed. Client is always a priority and they will do their best to get you the best results. Thanks to you all for your hard work.”
– Edward C.
“Everyone I spoke with was always very courteous and informative. Gwen was my client advocate and her efforts to keep in touch with me were awesome. She stayed with me via text, email, and phone to check on how I was feeling, to see if I had any unanswered questions or concerns, and just to reassure me and encourage my sometimes low spirits. She was respectful of my moments of disconnect, but continually let me know I was in good hands. Excellent job, Gwen. You are truly an asset to the firm.”
– Annie C.
We Will Handle & Explain Legal Language
Legal jargon can be confusing and overwhelming. Our Atlanta personal injury lawyer will handle all the legal language and explain it to you in simple terms, so you understand the process.
We Will Handle the Liable Insurance Company
Dealing with insurance companies can be frustrating. We will handle all communications with the liable insurance companies and negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
We Will Help You Understand Your Damages
After being injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you may be entitled to more compensation than you think. We will help you understand all the damages you may be entitled to receive, including compensation for the following losses:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and income
- Pain and suffering; and
- Future damages
We Will Fight to Secure the Maximum Settlement
We will fight passionately to get you the maximum settlement possible for your Atlanta car accident claim. Our goal is to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries and damages and that you need to move on with your life in the best possible way.
If necessary to obtain for you the compensation you deserve, we will represent you in court. Our car and truck accident lawyer in Atlanta has both the skill and experience necessary to successfully litigate your case and ensure that you receive a fair outcome.
How Much Does an Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
Our Atlanta car accident attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means we do not get paid until (and unless) you win your case. Because of this, you can trust that we will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
Why Do Car Accidents Occur?
Understanding the reasons behind car accidents is vital, not only for prevention but also for establishing fault. Multiple factors can contribute to an accident, such as the following:
- Distracted Driving: Increasingly common in our connected age, distracted driving includes activities such as texting, talking on the phone, or even adjusting the radio. These distractions divert attention from the road, significantly increasing the risk of an accident.
- Impaired Driving: Alcohol and drugs impair judgment, coordination, and reaction times, making driving hazardous for both the impaired driver and others on the road.
- Speeding: Driving above the speed limit or too fast for conditions is a frequent cause of accidents. High speeds reduce the driver’s ability to steer safely around curves and objects in the roadway, and it extends the distance required to stop.
- Weather Conditions: Rain, snow, fog, and icy roads can dramatically affect a vehicle’s performance and a driver’s visibility, leading to accidents when drivers don’t adjust their behavior accordingly.
- Vehicle Defects: Mechanical failures or design flaws can also lead to accidents. In these cases, manufacturers or maintenance providers may be liable for the resulting injuries.
Common Car Accident Injuries
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you’re painfully aware that the impact goes beyond the immediate crash. Injuries can range from minor to severe, and in some cases, they can have life-altering consequences.
Below are some of the most common car accident injuries in Atlanta:
- Whiplash: Often resulting from rear-end collisions, whiplash affects the neck and spine and causes severe pain and limited range of motion. Symptoms may not appear immediately, so it’s crucial to seek medical evaluation even if you feel fine right after the accident.
- Broken Bones: High-impact crashes can lead to fractures in the arms, legs, ribs, or even the skull. These injuries often require immediate medical attention and may involve surgery and physical rehabilitation.
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): When you sustain a jolt, blow, or penetrating injury to the head, your brain can suffer from severe damage. Head injuries can have long-lasting effects on cognitive functions and should be addressed urgently.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Sprains, strains, and tears in muscles, ligaments, or tendons are common in car accidents, particularly in side-impact collisions.
- Burns and Cuts: Airbag deployments, shattered glass, fires, and metal debris can cause lacerations and burns that may necessitate surgical treatment.
Types of Car Accidents in Atlanta
A car accident can happen in many different ways. Here are some of the most common types of car accident cases our car and motorcycle accident lawyers in Atlanta handle:
- Rear-end collisions: These types of car accidents occur when one car hits the back of another car. Rear-end collisions are often caused by distracted driving, speeding, or tailgating.
- Head-on collisions: Head-on collisions occur when two cars collide front-to-front. These types of accidents are often caused by driver fatigue, distracted driving, or driving under the influence.
- Sideswipe accidents: when two cars are traveling in the same direction, and one car hits the side of the other car, this is called a sideswipe accident. These types of accidents are often caused by driver error or reckless driving.
- Side-impact crashes: A side-impact crash happens when one car is hit on the side by another car, and is often caused by the at-fault driver running a red light, failing to yield, or making an illegal turn.
- Multi-vehicle collisions: A multi-vehicle collision is a car accident involving three or more cars. These types of car accidents are often caused by driver error, poor weather conditions, or road hazards.
- Rollover crashes: Rollover crashes happen when a car flips over onto its roof or side as a result of speeding, driver error, or road hazards.
- Single-vehicle crash: A single-vehicle crash is a car accident involving a single car that spins out, flips over, or crashes into a stationary object on or along the roadway. Single-vehicle crashes are often caused by driver error, distracted driving, or poor weather conditions.
Why Hire an Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer?
After being injured in a car accident, it is tough to be compensated fairly. Insurance companies have teams of attorneys and adjusters whose job is to limit the amount of money they pay out to accident victims. Without experienced legal representation, you may not be able to recover the full compensation you deserve.
At our law firm, we understand the challenges that accident victims face, and we are committed to fighting for their rights. Our attorneys have extensive experience in Atlanta car accident cases, and we know how to navigate the complex legal landscape to get our clients the compensation they deserve. Our team also includes experienced Atlanta Uber and Lyft accident attorneys that can assist you if you were harmed in a rideshare collision.
When Is the Right Time to Contact an Attorney?
The right time to contact an Atlanta car accident attorney is immediately after you receive medical attention for your injuries. By enlisting the support of a lawyer right away, you gain the legal guidance needed to navigate the complexities of insurance offers and, if necessary, litigation.
After your collision, you may receive an initial settlement offer from the insurance company. It’s important to realize that this offer will often be considerably lower than what you may be entitled to. However, accepting the initial offer forfeits your right to pursue greater compensation later.
For this reason, it is important to consult an attorney who can evaluate the full scope of your damages, determine whether the offer is sufficient, and guide you toward the optimal path to maximum compensation.
How We Will Handle Your Car Accident Case
Navigating the aftermath of a car accident can be overwhelming, especially when dealing with injuries and mounting medical bills. Monge & Associates can help ease this burden, allowing you to focus on recovery and healing. Here is how we will manage your car accident claim:
- Investigating the Collision: We will initiate an exhaustive investigation to compile crucial evidence, such as traffic camera footage, eyewitness testimonies, and accident reports, and build a compelling case on your behalf.
- Negotiating with Insurance Companies: Armed with evidence and a comprehensive understanding of your case, we will negotiate assertively with insurance providers to make sure you recover the settlement that you deserve.
- Calculating Your Compensation: We will assess the full range of your losses, from medical expenses and property damage to lost wages and emotional distress, to arrive at a just and fair settlement amount.
- Representing You in Court: If negotiations do not yield the desired results, our attorneys are prepared to take your case to court. We will present evidence in front of the judge and jury and fight to hold the at-fault driver accountable.
Securing Fair Compensation After a Car Accident
A car accident claim can be complicated, and insurance companies may try to settle for less than you deserve. Having legal representation can help ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages. Our experienced Atlanta car accident attorneys can help you navigate the legal process and negotiate with the liable insurance companies to maximize your settlement.
Additionally, if your case goes to trial, having legal representation is essential. Our car accident lawyers have the knowledge and experience to present your case in court and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Potential Damages Available in Your Case
After a car accident, understanding the range of damages you can claim is crucial for securing the compensation you rightly deserve. Generally, these damages fall into two main categories: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages are quantifiable and have a direct impact on your financial situation. These typically include current and future medical expenses, the cost to repair or replace your vehicle, and any home modifications needed due to your injuries. Additionally, you can claim lost wages and, in some cases, lost earning potential if your injuries hinder your capacity to work long-term.
Non-economic damages, though less tangible, are very significant. These encompass emotional distress, physical pain, and the diminished quality of your life post-accident, including loss of consortium and enjoyment of life.
At Monge & Associates, our attorneys will evaluate all variables to make sure that you claim every possible form of compensation. We will even enlist the help of expert witnesses who could help calculate long-term or complex costs.
Steps to Follow After a Car Accident in Georgia
The moments following a car accident can be disorienting and stressful. However, taking the right steps immediately afterward is crucial for both your health and any subsequent legal action you may pursue. Here’s what you should do after an accident in Atlanta:
- Check for Injuries: Prioritize your well-being and that of others. Call for medical assistance if needed.
- Move to Safety: If possible, steer your vehicle to the side of the road to avoid obstructing traffic and further accidents.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you do not feel injured, you should have your injuries evaluated at a hospital. The records will serve as valuable evidence.
- Contact the Police: Even for minor accidents, having an official police report can be invaluable for your case. Call 911 to report the accident.
- Document the Scene: Take photos of vehicle positions, damages, and injuries. Also, jot down the details of the accident while your memory is fresh.
- Exchange Information: Collect contact and insurance details from other drivers involved, as well as contact information from witnesses.
- Consult an Attorney: Contact a Georgia car accident lawyer to review your case and guide you through the legal process.
Atlanta Car Accident FAQs
We know that you probably have a lot of questions after experiencing a car accident. In the following section, we answered some of the most frequently asked questions related to car accidents. If you have a question that is not answered below, please reach out to our law firm directly. We are happy to discuss your unique situation in detail during your free initial consultation. Our legal team is prepared to fight for your right to a fair recovery for the injuries and damages you sustained in the crash.
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Claim?
Georgia has a statute of limitations that requires car accident victims to file a claim within two years of their crash, in most cases. Although there may be some limited exceptions to this rule, we encourage you to reach out to an Atlanta car accident lawyer as soon as you are able to do so after a collision. They can immediately begin collecting evidence and building the strongest case possible on your behalf, while also adhering to the state’s statute of limitations. Your recollections of the accident may also fade as weeks go by, so time truly is of the essence.
How is Liability Proven After a Car Crash?
Determining liability is one of the most critical components of a car accident claim. If you’re unable to prove that one or more other drivers were liable for your accident due to negligence, it is impossible to secure compensation in your case. Some of the evidence our attorneys regularly use to build your case include:
- Police accident reports: In many cases, law enforcement will respond to a crash. They will investigate the crash scene, speak with the involved parties, and create a timeline of events leading up to and following the accident.
- Physical evidence: Valuable evidence may be found at the scene of the accident, from road debris to tire marks on the road. In addition, inspecting the vehicles involved in the accident may have valuable results. The types and locations of damage on cars involved in the crash can help reveal important details about how the accident occurred.
- Witness reports: If the collision was seen by witnesses, getting their account of the incident can help build a compelling case.
What is the Timeline of a Typical Car Accident Lawsuit?
Every car accident case is different, so there is no singular timeframe that applies universally to every lawsuit. Some cases may take more than a year while others are resolved in as little as a couple months. In most cases, a car accident lawsuit will take at least several months. Your lawyer needs time to gather relevant evidence, bring in expert witnesses, negotiate with the insurance company, and prepare your case for trial if that is needed to secure a fair settlement. Although it is impossible to guarantee a specific timeframe for your case, your lawyer will be able to give you a better sense of how long they expect the legal process to take.
How Much is a Typical Car Accident Lawsuit Worth?
The value of a car accident claim depends on the severity of the victim’s injuries, the extent of damages they suffered, and a number of other factors. As such, it is impossible to give an estimate of what your case may be worth without more information. Although an attorney cannot definitively state that your case is worth a specific dollar amount, they can review the evidence and give you a better sense of what your case may be worth.
“I am very pleased with my experience with Monge & Associates. Sissy was my case manager. For months, she worked hard to get me the best result she could. I never had to wonder about where we were in the process because she communicated with me every step of the way.”
– Daion B.
Areas We Serve
We are proud to serve Atlanta and the surrounding communities in Georgia. While this is not an exhaustive list, some of the areas we serve include:
Buckhead | Midtown | Virginia Highland | Inman Park | Old Fourth Ward | Grant Park | Ansley Park | West End | Kirkwood | Cabbagetown | Little Five Points | East Atlanta Village | Poncey-Highland | Atlantic Station | Reynoldstown | Castleberry Hill | Westview | Sweet Auburn | Oakland City | Mechanicsville | Morningside-Lenox Park | Brookwood Hills | Lakewood Heights | Edgewood | Pine Hills | Capitol View | Home Park | Adair Park | Ormewood Park | Underwood Hills
Speak to an Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you have been involved in a car accident, it is essential to have an experienced Atlanta car accident lawyer on your side. Our lawyers have recovered billions of dollars for clients hurt in car accidents. We will fight passionately to get you the maximum settlement possible.
Call Monge & Associates today at 888-505-6739 for a free case review or contact us online to find out how much your winning car accident case is worth. We are here to help you through this difficult time and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Atlanta Car Accident Resources: How drunk driving fatalities in Georgia compare to the rest of the US
There were an estimated 42,795 fatalities due to motor vehicle crashes in 2022, down by 0.3% from the year prior, according to early estimates released in April 2023 from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. While a reduction in crash-related deaths, even one as slight as this, is generally positive, the facts remain deeply concerning: Crash-related deaths rose more than 10% in 2021 and more than 7% the year before that, marking a disturbing trend leading into and persisting through the COVID-19 pandemic.
In 2021, the most recent full year of traffic-death data available, drunken driving fatalities rose by 14% from 2020. Monge and Associates cited data from NHTSA to identify states with the highest rate of fatalities from car accidents involving at least one drunken driver. States are ranked by drunken driving fatalities per 100,000 residents. This rate is listed up to its first decimal point, but the exact ranking of states was determined from the total rate calculation, which did not result in ties.
A blood-alcohol content of .08 or higher is considered impaired. Judgment and driving abilities continue to worsen as BAC levels increase. Laws adopted between 1982 and 1997 throughout most of the U.S. successfully decreased the proportion of DUI-related motor vehicle fatalities in subsequent years.
Alternative transportation programs have also shown some promise in helping to deter drunken driving. Even in areas lacking robust transit options, recent studies suggest that alternatives such as rideshare services like Uber and Lyft can reduce drunken driving-related collisions.
Keep reading to see what percentage of car crash deaths in Georgia involved drunken driving and how it compares to the 49 other states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico. See the ranking of all 52 states and territories here.
Georgia by the numbers
– Drunken driving fatalities per 100k residents: 3.6 (391, 22% of all car crash fatalities)
– Fatalities involving driver with BAC 0.15 and above: 2.5 per 100K (272, 69.6% of all drunken driving fatalities)
– Change in drunken driving fatalities from 2012: 32.5% increase
Continue below to see drunk driving statistics of other states in your region.
Alabama by the numbers
– Drunken driving fatalities per 100k residents: 5.6 (281, 29% of all car crash fatalities)
– Fatalities involving driver with BAC 0.15 and above: 3.5 per 100K (177, 63% of all drunken driving fatalities)
– Change in drunken driving fatalities from 2012: 17.1% increase
Florida by the numbers
– Drunken driving fatalities per 100k residents: 4.7 (1,019, 27% of all car crash fatalities)
– Fatalities involving driver with BAC 0.15 and above: 3.2 per 100K (688, 67.5% of all drunken driving fatalities)
– Change in drunken driving fatalities from 2012: 43.7% increase