Have you or a loved one been injured in an Uber accident in Atlanta? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for the damages you sustained. Car accidents can cause serious injury and financial strain, so don’t hesitate to reach out to the experienced attorneys of Monge & Associates for help filing your Uber accident claim. We offer free initial consultations, so call us today at (888) 477-0597 or contact us online to schedule yours.
Why Choose Monge & Associates To Help You?
- We treat all of our clients like family. At Monge & Associates, our “Platinum Rule” is to treat each client the same way we would want our friends or family to be treated if they were in the same challenging situation.
- We pride ourselves on our excellent service. Our team will do everything within our power to get you the largest possible settlement, and ensure you are satisfied. We are so confident you will be happy with our work that we promise if you are not satisfied with the outcome, we won’t charge you.
- We are an award-winning team. The Law Institute of Trial Lawyers voted Monge & Associates Best Law firm, and we have thousands of five-star reviews from happy clients.
Compensation You Can Receive After An Uber Accident
The amount of damages you receive will depend largely on the extent of the damages you sustained and the seriousness of your injuries, along with other factors. It is important to work with an experienced Uber and Lyft accident attorney in Atlanta who can help you determine the full extent of your injuries and losses so that you can be sure you receive the full and fair compensation you deserve.
After an Uber accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation for both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are tangible financial losses that can be easily measured. These losses may include costs for medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and more.
Non-economic damages are intangible losses that are subjective and not easily quantifiable. These losses may include compensation for things such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of consortium, and more.
In some rare cases, punitive damages may be awarded. Punitive damages are intended to punish the wrong-doer and deter them or others from acting similarly. Typically these damages are awarded when the defendant acted particularly recklessly or with malicious intent.
Establishing Liability in an Uber Accident in Atlanta
Establishing liability after an Uber accident can be difficult and requires a comprehensive understanding of the laws surrounding rideshare services. Who is found liable will depend on the driver’s actions, the other parties’ behavior, and any issues that may arise with the Uber app and accident insurance coverage. This is why it is important to have an experienced attorney on your side who can conduct a thorough investigation and collect evidence such as witness statements, accident reports, and electronic data that proves who is liable and strengthens your claim.
How Uber Accident Insurance Applies
Uber accident insurance has three tiers, depending on the driver’s status in the app at the time of the accident.
- Driver is offline: If the Uber driver is not logged into the app at the time of the accident their personal insurance will provide coverage.
- Driver is online and available for a ride request: Uber’s third-party liability insurance provides the following coverage
– $50,000/person and $100,000/accident for injuries
– $25,000/accident in property damage
- Driver is on a trip or en route to pick up a rider(s): Uber’s insurance will provide the following coverage
– up to $1,000,000 for property damage and injuries to riders and third parties when the driver is at fault
It is important to work with an experienced Atlanta rideshare accident attorney who can help you navigate negotiations with the driver’s insurance or Uber’s insurance to ensure you are treated fairly and your rights are upheld.
Let Monge & Associates Help You With Your Atlanta Uber Accident Claim
If you or a loved one were involved in an Uber accident in Atlanta, you deserve to be compensated for your losses. Let Monge & Associates help you fight for the damages you are entitled to. Contact us today to learn more and schedule your free consultation. Call us at (888) 477-0597 or contact us online to get started.