Recent statistics show that pedestrian accidents are on the rise. Part of the reason is due to more and more people driving while on cell phones and texting. Unfortunately, injuries to pedestrians can be very severe and often result in bone fractures, brain injuries, and extended hospital stays. That is where an experienced Atlanta pedestrian accident attorney comes in.
At Monge & Associates, we have over 30 years of experience representing accident victims in Georgia. We have taken on big insurance companies and large corporations nationwide, recovering billions of dollars for our clients. Our goal is to fight tirelessly to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses.
Atlanta Pedestrian Accident Resources
To immediately access the resources at any point on this page, click the corresponding links below.
Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Help
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Possible Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Who is at Fault for a Pedestrian Accident?
Process of an Atlanta Pedestrian Accident Claim
Potential Compensation Available in Your Case
Why Hire a Pedestrian Accident Attorney?
Steps to Follow After a Pedestrian Accident
Speak to a Lawyer Today
Our Pedestrian Accident Attorney Can Help
In the aftermath of a pedestrian accident, the path to recovery and justice can be challenging. This is where the expertise and dedication of an attorney from Monge & Associates becomes invaluable. Our attorneys are not just legal representatives; they are allies who understand the intricacies of pedestrian accident claims and are committed to advocating for your rights.
Here’s how our Atlanta pedestrian accident attorneys can support your claim:
- Personalized Case Management: Each case at Monge & Associates is treated with individualized attention. We delve deep into the specifics of your accident, ensuring every detail is meticulously evaluated to build a strong and effective legal strategy.
- Negotiating with Insurance Companies: Dealing with insurance companies can be daunting. Our attorneys possess the negotiation skills and legal experience to handle communications with insurers and protect your rights throughout the process.
- Gathering and Analyzing Evidence: In pedestrian accident cases, the right evidence is crucial. Our lawyers can gather and analyze all relevant evidence, from accident reports to medical records, to establish a solid foundation for your claim.
- Legal Expertise in Court Proceedings: If your case goes to court, Monge & Associates can represent your side of the story. We are prepared to present your case compellingly and professionally, ensuring that your voice is heard and your interests are protected.
- Emotional Support and Advice: Beyond legal assistance, we offer emotional support and practical advice. Understanding the emotional toll of pedestrian accidents, our firm can provide a source of stability and reassurance throughout your legal journey.
What Are Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Atlanta?
Pedestrian accidents often happen when drivers are not paying attention or looking out for pedestrians on the road. This sometimes happens at intersections when a car is making a turn and the vehicle’s tires jump the curve, causing severe injuries to pedestrians waiting to cross the street.
The most common causes of pedestrian accidents in Atlanta include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Drunk driving
- Disregarding traffic signals; and
- Reckless driving
Our pedestrian and car accident lawyer in Atlanta will thoroughly investigate your case to identify the exact cause of your accident and build a strong case to hold the responsible party accountable.
Possible Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Pedestrian accidents can lead to a wide range of injuries, some of which can be life-altering or even life-threatening. The lack of protection for pedestrians means that the injuries sustained are often more severe than those in other types of vehicle accidents. These injuries can have profound implications on the victim’s quality of life, both in the short and long term.
- Broken bones, scrapes, and bruises, while seemingly less severe, can lead to significant pain, reduced mobility, and a lengthy recovery process.
- Head and brain injuries, such as concussions and traumatic brain injuries, are particularly concerning. They can result in long-term cognitive impairment, personality changes, and physical limitations.
- Internal injuries, including internal bleeding and organ damage, are often not immediately apparent but can be life-threatening if not treated promptly.
- Back, neck, and spinal injuries are among the most severe consequences of pedestrian accidents. These injuries can lead to chronic pain, limited mobility, and in severe cases, paralysis.
The impact of these injuries extends beyond the physical symptoms; they can also lead to significant lifestyle changes, emotional distress, and financial burdens due to ongoing medical care and lost wages. If you are injured in a pedestrian accident, it is essential to seek medical attention—and, once you have addressed your medical needs, contact an attorney who can pursue legal action on your behalf.
Who Is at Fault For a Pedestrian Accident?
In Atlanta, we have many streets and intersections, and most are controlled by stop signs, stoplights, and crosswalks. If you are crossing an intersection as a pedestrian, you have the right away under Georgia law.
Georgia law imposes a duty on both motorists and pedestrians to exercise due care when they are out and about. However, drivers must take all reasonable means to prevent hitting a pedestrian, even when the pedestrian is jaywalking.
Determining fault in a pedestrian accident requires a thorough investigation and examination of the evidence. While each case is unique, the at-fault party is typically the one who acted negligently or violated traffic laws, causing harm to the pedestrian.
What Is the Process of an Atlanta Pedestrian Accident Claim?
Georgia’s tort-based insurance system holds the at-fault party responsible for damages in a road accident. If you are involved in a pedestrian accident in Atlanta, you have the right to file a claim against the at-fault party’s insurance or pursue a lawsuit against the at-fault party in court.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your case, the liable party could include drivers, government entities, or property owners. To recover compensation in your claim, you must prove the fault of the defendant by presenting evidence of negligent or reckless actions that led to the accident. This process often requires meticulous gathering and presentation of evidence; during this time, the expertise of an Atlanta pedestrian accident lawyer is invaluable.
Potential Compensation Available in Your Case
The scope of compensation in pedestrian accident cases is broad, covering both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages include tangible losses such as hospital bills, lost wages, property damage, and costs associated with disability accommodations. These are quantifiable and are generally easier to calculate.
Compensation for loss of income also falls under this category, providing financial relief for victims who have had to take time off work due to their injuries or are unable to return to their previous employment. In cases of long-term or permanent disabilities, compensation may also cover future medical care, including surgeries, therapies, and rehabilitation. This ensures that the victim can continue to receive necessary medical attention without worrying about the financial implications.
Non-economic damages encompass intangible losses, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and reduced quality of life. Although these are harder to quantify, non-economic are equally important. The Atlanta pedestrian accident at Monge & Associates can help identify all potential areas of compensation and determine the value of your settlement.
The Importance of Legal Representation in Atlanta Pedestrian Accident Cases
After a pedestrian accident, it is important to seek legal representation as soon as possible. The liable insurance companies may attempt to undervalue or deny your claim, leaving you burdened with medical bills and other expenses. Our experienced Atlanta pedestrian accident attorneys understand the tactics used by insurance adjusters and will protect your rights. We will handle all communications with the liable insurance companies, gather and prepare the complex paperwork, and negotiate a fair settlement to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
We Will Handle & Explain All The Legal Language
Legal jargon can be overwhelming and confusing, but our team is here to guide you through it all. We will break down complex legal concepts into plain language, ensuring you understand every step of the process. In addition, you can count on us to answer your questions and keep you informed, empowering you to make informed decisions about your case.
We Will Handle The Liable Insurance Company
Dealing with insurance companies can be a daunting task, especially when they prioritize their profits over your well-being. Our attorneys have extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies and will handle all communications on your behalf. We will fight tooth and nail to ensure the liable insurance companies recognize the full extent of your damages and provides a fair settlement.
We Will Help You Understand All Of Your Damages
A pedestrian accident can result in a wide range of damages, both tangible and intangible. These damages may include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress; and
- Rehabilitation costs
Our dedicated team will work closely with you to understand the full scope of your damages, including those that may not be immediately apparent. We will pursue the maximum compensation available to alleviate your financial burdens and help you rebuild your life.
We Will Fight Passionately To Get You The Maximum Settlement
When seeking justice for our clients, we don’t hold back. Our attorneys are passionate about fighting for the rights of injured pedestrians, and we will go above and beyond to secure the maximum settlement possible in your case. We will meticulously prepare your claim, gather compelling evidence, consult with experts, and present a compelling argument that showcases the full impact the accident has had on your life.
We Will Represent You In Court
While most personal injury cases are resolved through negotiations and settlements, there are instances where litigation becomes necessary to ensure your rights are protected. If your case requires going to court, you can trust our skilled litigators to advocate for you zealously. We will craft a compelling courtroom strategy, present your case with precision and clarity, and fight for your best interests every step of the way.
We Do Not Get Paid Until You Win
We understand that the financial burden of a pedestrian accident can be overwhelming. That is why we work on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t have to worry about any upfront costs or attorney fees. We only get paid when we successfully recover compensation for you.
After a Pedestrian Accident, It’s Tough to Get Compensated Fairly
Recovering fair compensation after a pedestrian accident can be an uphill battle. Insurance companies often try to minimize payouts or shift blame onto the victim, leaving you with inadequate compensation for your injuries and losses. That’s why it’s crucial to have a skilled legal advocate on your side. Our experienced pedestrian and motorcycle accident attorneys in Atlanta know the tactics used by insurance companies, and we’ll fight relentlessly to ensure you are treated fairly.
Steps to Follow After a Pedestrian Accident
The immediate actions taken after a pedestrian accident are crucial in protecting your legal rights and supporting your claim. If you are conscious and able to act, taking the following steps can make a significant difference in your case:
- Seeking Medical Assistance: Seeking medical assistance is vital, even if the injuries seem minor. Some injuries, particularly internal and brain injuries, may not show symptoms immediately but can have severe long-term effects if not treated promptly. Documenting your injuries through medical records is also vital for your claim, so make sure to go to the hospital as soon as possible.
- Gathering Information: This includes collecting details from the responsible party, such as their name, contact information, insurance details, and vehicle information. Witness statements can provide invaluable insights into the accident, so gathering contact information from anyone who witnessed the event is essential.
- Taking Photographs and Videos: Photographic and video evidence of the accident scene, including the positioning of vehicles, traffic signals, and any road hazards, can significantly strengthen your claim. These photographs and videos provide a visual account of the accident circumstances, supporting your version of events.
- Calling the Police: Contacting the police ensures that an official report is filed, which is a critical component of your legal claim. A police report provides an objective account of the accident and can be used as evidence in your future insurance claim or lawsuit.
- Contacting an Attorney: Finally, consulting with a qualified Atlanta pedestrian accident attorney is a crucial step. Monge & Associates offers free consultations, providing an opportunity to understand your legal options without any financial commitment. If we take on your case, we commit to fighting tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
Call to Find Out How Much Your Winning Pedestrian Accident Case is Worth
If you are wondering about the potential value of your pedestrian accident case, don’t hesitate to reach out to our pedestrian and truck accident attorney in Atlanta. We offer a no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your case and provide an estimate of its worth. Take the first step towards justice for your pedestrian accident by contacting Monge & Associates today at 888-653-0605 for a free consultation. We are here to fight for you and ensure your voice is heard.