Losing a loved one wrongfully is a devastating experience for any family. When tragedy strikes, it is essential to understand your rights and options.
If your family has lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim to recover compensation for damages suffered as a result of your loved one’s death.
At our law firm, we are committed to providing compassionate and effective legal representation to families who have lost a loved one wrongfully. We are dedicated to helping our clients get the justice and compensation they deserve, and we work tirelessly to achieve that goal.
Contact Monge & Associates today at 513-224-5591 or toll-free at (888) 546-8460 to learn how we can help you hold those responsible for your loved ones’ death financially accountable for your loss.
Cincinnati Wrongful Death Quick Resources
- Common Causes of Wrongful Death
- Ohio Wrongful Death Claims
- Summoning a Wrongful Death Lawsuit in Ohio
- Compensation on a Wrongful Death Claim
- Cincinnati Wrongful Death Claim Deadline
- How a Cincinnati Wrongful Death Attorney Can Help
- Contact a Wrongful Death Lawyer
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
A person can lose their life wrongfully in any number of ways. But statistics point to a few common causes of wrongful death in Ohio and across the country. These include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Negligent driving, distracted driving, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can result in fatal accidents.
- Nursing home negligence or abuse: Negligent care, abuse, or neglect can lead to serious injuries or death in nursing homes.
- Medical malpractice: Medical professionals who fail to meet the standard of care can cause fatal injuries.
- Dangerous drugs and defective medical products: Pharmaceutical companies can be held liable for defective drugs or medical products that result in death.
- Intentional acts: Intentional acts of wrongdoing, such as murder and manslaughter, are common causes of wrongful death lawsuits.
Wrongful Death Claims In Ohio
Losing a loved one is a devastating experience, and when their death was preventable, the pain can be immeasurable. In Ohio, a wrongful death claim can be filed when a person’s death was caused by the negligence or wrongful act of another. These claims aim to hold the responsible parties accountable and provide compensation to the surviving family members.
Personal Injury vs. Wrongful Death Claim
In both personal injury and wrongful death claims, the goal is to compensate the victim or their family for harm that was caused by someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing. But the difference is that a Cincinnati personal injury claim is brought by an individual who has been injured due to the negligence of another party.
In contrast, a wrongful death claim must be brought by the surviving family members or personal representative of an individual who has died as a result of the negligence of another party. There are also some differences in the types of damages that will be awarded in a wrongful death claim as opposed to a personal injury claim.
The Right To Bring A Wrongful Death Lawsuit In Ohio
In Ohio, the laws governing wrongful death recognize the importance of holding the responsible parties accountable for their negligent actions. Under Ohio Rev. Code § 2125.02 (2021), the personal representative of the deceased person’s estate must bring the wrongful death claim on behalf of the estate and family members who are entitled to compensation.
To find out if you have the legal standing to pursue a wrongful death claim in Cincinnati, consult with a knowledgeable Cincinnati wrongful death attorney, who can also help you navigate the complexities of the legal process and ensure your rights are protected.
Damages Available Through a Wrongful Death Claim
While no amount of money can replace the loss of a loved one, seeking compensation through a wrongful death claim can help ease the financial burden that often accompanies such a tragedy. In Ohio, the damages available through a wrongful death lawsuit may include:
- Medical expenses related to the deceased’s final illness or injury
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of income and financial support provided by the deceased
- Loss of companionship, guidance, and emotional support
- Pain and suffering endured by the deceased before their passing
To determine the appropriate compensation for your case, it is crucial to consult with a skilled Cincinnati wrongful death attorney who will assess the unique circumstances surrounding your loved one’s death and advocate for your best interests.
The Deadline To File A Wrongful Death Claim In Cincinnati
It is crucial to be aware of the statute of limitations for wrongful death claims in Ohio. Ohio Rev. Code § 2125.02 (2021) stipulates that a wrongful death lawsuit must be filed within three years from the date of your loved one’s passing. If this deadline is missed, you may lose your opportunity to seek justice for your loved one’s untimely death. Don’t let time slip away—act promptly and consult with a compassionate and experienced Cincinnati wrongful death attorney.
How An Ohio Wrongful Death Attorney Could Help
Navigating a wrongful death claim can be overwhelming, especially during a time of grief and emotional turmoil. Engaging the services of a dedicated Cincinnati wrongful death attorney can provide you with the support and guidance you need. Here’s how they can help:
- Investigating the case: A seasoned attorney will conduct a thorough investigation to gather evidence and establish liability. This may involve reviewing medical records, consulting with expert witnesses, and interviewing key individuals involved in your loved one’s death.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: Insurance companies are notorious for attempting to minimize payouts. Your attorney will skillfully negotiate on your behalf to ensure your family receive fair compensation for its loss.
- Litigating if necessary: If a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiation, your attorney will be prepared to take your case to court. They will vigorously advocate for your rights and fight for the justice your loved one deserves.
Contact a Wrongful Death Attorney at Monge & Associates in Cincinnati, Ohio
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another party, it is important to speak to an experienced attorney as soon as possible to protect your rights. Our Cincinnati wrongful death attorneys can provide you with the guidance and representation you need to achieve justice for your loved one.
Remember, time is of the essence in wrongful death cases. Delaying action may result in the loss of critical evidence or the expiration of the statute of limitations. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a compassionate and experienced Cincinnati wrongful death attorney who will stand by your side throughout the legal process.
Call Monge & Associates today at 513-224-5591 or toll-free at (888) 546-8460 to discuss your case with an experienced Cincinnati wrongful death lawyer.