Have You Been Hurt & Are Getting Taken Advantage of by the Insurance Company?
Being injured in an accident can be devastating and life-changing. You could be left with serious physical injuries, emotional trauma, and overwhelming financial losses. While you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses, the insurance company may not have your best interests at heart.
Insurance companies are in the business of making money and will do everything they can to minimize how much they have to pay out to you. In other words, they will try to settle your case for as little as possible, even if it means paying less than what you need to cover all of your injuries and losses.
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident in Georgia and are being taken advantage of by the liable insurance company, you need an experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyer on your side. At Monge & Associates, we have been helping clients like you for over 30 years.
We know how insurance companies operate and are not afraid of taking them on. We will fight for your rights and ensure you get the compensation you deserve. Call today for an initial free case consultation.
- Hiring an attorney can benefit you: The Atlanta injury attorneys at Monge & Associates are familiar with Georgia’s laws and can build a strong case on your behalf. Our goal is always to secure the best possible outcome in your case, whether that takes the form of a settlement or a court verdict.
- Your time to file a claim may be limited: Georgia’s statute of limitations requires most personal injury claims to be filed within two years of the victim’s accident or injury.
- Every case is unique: It can be challenging to estimate how long a case will take or what you may receive as a final settlement. Our lawyer will meet with you to discuss the details of your unique situation and help you settle on a legal course of action that best matches your needs.
Atlanta Personal Injury Resources
To immediately access the resources at any point on this page, click the corresponding links below.
Are You Struggling to Cope After an Accident?
Potential Damages Available
Are You Feeling Overwhelmed?
Experience Before the Supreme Court
Notable Personal Injury Case Results
Our Winning Client Bill of Rights
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Personal Injury Case Duration
What Makes Our Law Firm Unique?
Atlanta Personal Injury Attorney Costs
Georgia’s Personal Injury Statute of Limitations
Choosing the Right Attorney
Atlanta Personal Injury FAQs
Areas We Serve
Speak to an Attorney Today
How Can Our Atlanta Personal Injury Attorney Help After an Accident?
After being injured in an accident, you may be dealing with a great deal of physical pain and emotional distress. You may be unable to work or perform everyday activities. You may also be facing mounting medical bills and other expenses. All of this can take a tremendous toll on you and your family.
At our Atlanta personal injury law firm, we understand what you are going through. We have helped many clients who were struggling to cope after being injured in an accident, and we can help you too. We will take care of the legal aspects of your case so that you can focus on your recovery. Furthermore, we will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve so that you can get your life back on track.
Potential Damages Available in Your Case
If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence or intentional action, Georgia law entitles you to seek financial compensation for your losses. Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for insurance companies or liable parties to hesitate in providing full compensation.
In these situations, it is important to be aware of the potential damages available in your case. An Atlanta personal injury lawyer from Monge & Associates can help you explore all potential avenues to compensation and fight for the maximum award possible.
There are three primary categories of damages in Georgia personal injury lawsuits: special damages, general damages, and punitive damages.
Special damages refer to the economic losses that you sustained as a result of the accident. These will make up a large portion of your award and may include:
- Medical Expenses: These include ambulance fees, hospitalization, doctor’s fees, prescription medication, and even the cost of medical appliances, physical therapy, and ongoing treatments. You have the right to recover both past and future costs in your lawsuit.
- Property Damage: If your personal property was damaged due to the incident, you are entitled to compensation for its fair market value. This could range from electronics to clothing, depending on the circumstances of your injury.
- Lost Wages: Being unable to work while you recover from your injuries can significantly impact your finances. You may claim compensation not just for the wages lost during your immediate recovery, but also for any future wages if you’re unable to return to your previous job.
General damages are non-economic losses that encompass the physical and emotional suffering that you endured in the accident. They may include:
- Emotional distress
- Anxiety and depression
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical impairments
- Permanent disabilities
- Chronic pain
In cases involving extreme negligence or malicious intent, you may be eligible for punitive damages. Rather than compensate you for the losses that you experienced, these damages are intended to punish the liable party and deter similar conduct in the future. You will need to meet a certain standard to qualify for punitive damages; an attorney from Monge & Associates can evaluate your case and determine if you are eligible.
Are You Feeling Overwhelmed?
Dealing with the consequences of an accident can be overwhelming. Especially if that accident was caused by someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing. You may be facing a lot of uncertainty and have many questions, and you may not know where to turn for help. At Monge & Associates, we are here for you and can provide the support and guidance you need to navigate the legal system and get the compensation you deserve.
We Have Argued and Won Cases Like These Before The Supreme Court
At Monge & Associates, we have a proven track record of success and have recovered billions of dollars for clients injured in accidents. We have the experience and resources needed to take on even the biggest insurance companies and corporations, and we have even argued and won cases like these before the Supreme Court.
Notable Personal Injury Case Results
Our winning Atlanta personal injury lawyers always strive to secure the best possible outcome for those who have been harmed due to the negligent actions of another person or party. We are proud to have secured numerous favorable verdicts for our clients, including:
- $40,000,000 settlement for a client that suffered permanent injuries in a crash caused by a distracted delivery truck driver
- $6,000,000 recovery for a family hurt by a driver in a car accident
- $4,000,000 recovery for the loved ones of a person killed by asbestos exposure
- $2,500,000 recovery for the family of a child who drowned due to a negligently maintained swimming pool
- $1,500,000 recovery for a family injured by a tractor trailer driver who was hired despite a questionable history of unsafe driving
- $1,250,000 recovery for a victim injured in a motorcycle crash
- $1,200,000 wrongful death settlement for the wife of a man killed in a motorcycle crash when a driver carelessly pulled out in front of the victim
Our Winning Client Bill of Rights
Our knowledgeable and experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyers believe in putting our clients first. We have a Winning Client Bill of Rights that outlines our commitment to our clients and confers upon them the following rights:
- Right to same day communications.
- Right to be updated regularly and in a timely manner as to the progress of your case.
- Right to our respect.
- Right to expect competence from our firm and all who work here.
- Right to know the truth about your case.
- Right to prompt attention from us.
- You have a right to a fair settlement.
- Right to a fair written fee agreement with our firm.
- Right to a fair fee for the work we do.
- Right to make the ultimate decision on your case.
Types of Accident Cases We Handle
At our Atlanta personal injury law firm, we handle a wide range of cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber & Lyft accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Wrongful death cases
- Premises liability cases
- Amazon delivery accidents
- Workers’ compensation cases
- Medical malpractice cases
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Defective product cases
- Dog bite cases
We have the experience and expertise to handle even the most complex cases. We will investigate your case thoroughly, gather evidence, and build a strong case on your behalf. What’s more, will negotiate with the liable insurance companies and fight for your rights in court if necessary.
How Long Does a Personal Injury Case Take?
Navigating the aftermath of a personal injury can be a confusing and emotionally taxing time. One of the most common questions our firm, Monge & Associates, encounters is, “How long will my personal injury case take?” The answer is nuanced and depends on several variables, each of which can affect the timeline.
- Firstly, the severity of your injuries plays a role. Serious injuries may require extensive medical documentation, influencing how long it takes to prepare your case. Likewise, complex cases involving multiple parties or unclear liability can prolong the proceedings.
- Secondly, your attorney needs to engage in negotiations with the liable parties or their insurance providers. While some cases settle quickly, others could become drawn out if the parties involved are unwilling to offer fair compensation.
- Moreover, if your case goes to trial, court schedules and procedures will significantly impact the timeline. Legal processes can be slow, especially if the court’s calendar is backed up with other cases.
- Lastly, the willingness of both parties to settle can either expedite or delay the case. Often, a faster resolution occurs when both parties are motivated to reach a settlement.
In summary, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer. However, with Monge & Associates by your side, your attorney will work diligently to expedite proceedings while advocating for the compensation that you need to recover.
What Makes Our Law Firm Unique?
- Personalized attention: We treat each client as an individual and provide personalized attention to their case. We understand that every case is unique and will work with you to develop a strategy that meets your specific needs.
- Experienced attorneys: Our attorneys have decades of experience handling personal injury cases. We know how to navigate the legal system and get results for our clients.
- Responsive communication: We understand you may have questions or concerns about your case. We are always available to answer your calls and emails promptly.
- Proven track record: We have a proven track record of success in handling personal injury cases. We have recovered billions of dollars for our clients and will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve.
Cost of an Atlanta Personal Injury Attorney
One of the key concerns when seeking legal representation is the cost involved. Many people assume that hiring an attorney in Atlanta is expensive. However, most personal injury lawyers, including Monge & Associates, operate on a contingency fee basis, alleviating this financial stress.
A contingency fee means you don’t pay any legal fees upfront. Instead, the attorney takes a percentage of the settlement or court award you receive if—and only if—your case is successful.
This arrangement aligns the interests of the client and attorney; your attorney is motivated to obtain the maximum possible compensation for you because payment is directly tied to your recovery. By using a contingency fee structure, you can secure legal representation without worrying about immediate out-of-pocket costs.
What Is Georgia’s Personal Injury Statute of Limitations?
In Georgia, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is two years. This means you have two years from the date of the injury or accident to file a lawsuit. Missing this deadline generally bars you from pursuing legal action and receiving compensation for your injuries. There are some exceptions, but they are rare.
Given the time-sensitive nature of these cases, it’s crucial to consult an Atlanta personal injury attorney as soon as possible. An attorney from Monge & Associates can carefully assess your case and determine your appropriate filing deadline.
Choosing the Right Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Case
Choosing the right personal injury lawyer in Atlanta is a crucial step in the success of your case. Given the complexities of personal injury law, you’ll want an attorney with experience representing the type of claim that you plan to file.
With some research and careful planning, you can find a lawyer who can protect your rights and advocate for your maximum possible settlement:
- Seek Trusted Referrals: Your first action should be to ask for recommendations from friends, family, and trusted community members. Even attorneys in other fields often can guide you to personal injury lawyers.
- Use Online Directories, Websites, and Reviews: Beyond personal recommendations, use online legal directories to validate qualifications and check for any disciplinary actions. Don’t overlook online reviews; they can provide valuable insight into client satisfaction.
- Compile a List of Potential Candidates: After gathering recommendations and researching online, make a list of top candidates. Prioritize those with proven experience in personal injury cases similar to yours.
- Schedule Consultations: Take advantage of free initial consultations offered by most law firms, including Monge & Associates. Bring any supporting evidence and have a list of questions focused on the attorney’s relevant experience.
Atlanta Personal Injury FAQs
In the aftermath of a serious accident or injury, we know that you likely have a lot of questions about the situation you’ve found yourself in. We’ve answered some of the most commonly asked questions about personal injury lawsuits below. If you have a question that is not addressed in this section, please feel free to reach out to our law firm directly. An Atlanta personal injury attorney with Monge & Associates will discuss the details of your unique case and help you assess your legal options.
Should You Accept an Initial Settlement Offer?
Generally, initial settlement offers tend to be quite a bit lower than what your case may be worth. Although you are free to accept an insurance company’s initial offer, we recommend reaching out to an injury attorney for a free initial case consultation first. They can help you assess whether you’ve been given a fair initial offer. In most cases, you should wait until you reach maximum medical improvement (MMI) before accepting a settlement offer. At that point, the scale of your recovery is determined and you will have a better sense of what your life will look like in the aftermath of your injury.
When is the Right Time to Call a Lawyer?
We recommend reaching out to an experienced injury attorney as soon as you are well enough to do so after your accident. Time is of the essence when it comes to building the strongest possible case on your behalf. In the state of Georgia, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is generally two years from the date of the victim’s accident or injury. Although there may be a limited number of exceptions to this rule, it’s best to initiate the legal process as soon as possible. Your memories of the event may fade over time and it can become more challenging to collect relevant evidence as days go by. By contacting an attorney early, you give your legal team the ability to craft a winning case on your behalf.
Do You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
The state of Georgia does not require you to have a lawyer represent you in a personal injury claim. You may elect to represent yourself. However, you may nonetheless find it beneficial to work with an experienced personal injury attorney. A lawyer is familiar with the nuances of Georgia injury law, can secure expert witness testimony, will handle all negotiations with the insurance company, and is prepared to take your case to court if an acceptable settlement is not proposed. At Monge & Associates, we are committed to securing the most favorable outcome in your case. Since we are paid on a contingency fee basis, you don’t need to worry about paying for any out-of-pocket expenses throughout the duration of the legal process either.
How Much is a Personal Injury Lawsuit Worth?
Every personal injury case is unique, and there are a number of factors that can influence what one specific lawsuit may be worth. To determine what a case may be worth, the first step is determining the extent of the injuries and damages you suffered in the accident. An Atlanta personal injury lawyer at Monge & Associates can review your case and help you get a better sense of what your case may be worth.
Should You Speak to an Insurance Adjuster?
We suggest speaking to an attorney before communicating with an insurance adjuster. Although an insurance adjuster may be friendly and courteous when they call you, it’s important to keep in mind that their endgoal is to reduce the amount they need to payout for your claim as much as possible. They may use guided questions that can get you to admit partial fault for the accident or state that the injuries you suffered weren’t serious. Whenever possible, it may be beneficial to have your lawyer handle communications with the insurance company.
“I have had the pleasure of working with Monge and Associates on multiple occasions. A special thank Ms. Cierra Geter for all your help over the years. I know it’s your job, but it’s my life. I feel you went above and beyond and I just want to express my appreciation. You are the epitome of professional excellence and honesty. Thank you.”
– D. Nez
Areas We Serve
We are proud to provide meticulous legal representation to residents and visitors of Atlanta and the surrounding communities. While not an exclusive list, some of the areas we serve in Atlanta include:
Buckhead | Midtown | Virginia Highland | Inman Park | Old Fourth Ward | Grant Park | Ansley Park | West End | Kirkwood | Cabbagetown | Little Five Points | East Atlanta Village | Poncey-Highland | Atlantic Station | Reynoldstown | Castleberry Hill | Westview | Sweet Auburn | Oakland City | Mechanicsville | Morningside-Lenox Park | Brookwood Hills | Lakewood Heights | Edgewood | Pine Hills | Capitol View | Home Park | Adair Park | Ormewood Park | Underwood Hills
Call Us to Find Out How Much Winning Your Case Is Worth
If you have been injured in an accident in Atlanta and are struggling to cope, don’t wait. Contact Monge & Associates today at 888-505-6739 to schedule a free consultation. We will evaluate your case and help you understand your legal options. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay us anything unless we win your case. Call us today to find out how much winning your case is worth.