Manage Your Money with These Apps
Money is important and keeping track of all your accounts and spending can be trying. Organize your spending and saving with the following mobile applications. Many can simply get you organized while others can make suggestions to setting goals and tracking progress to attain those goals.
- Mint: Mint is probably one of the most popular money-managing apps out there. Input the information on the accounts you want to include and Mint will track them all in one place. The app monitors all the activity and balances in bank, credit card, loan and investment accounts and organizes data like spending into simple categories such as restaurants, gas, groceries, etc. to reflect patterns and spending.
- HelloWallet: This application gives you snippets of your spending broken down into helpful charts like Mint. It also helps you set goals and track progress.
- Expensify: Expensify tracks spending and records receipts by photo.
- Amazon Price Check: This app won’t manage your money, but it will help you save a little by providing a price check on items you’re interested in. Enter the product name, scan its barcode or take a picture of book or DVD covers and the app will tell you how much the item costs on Amazon.com. It also provides reviews and can add the item to your wish list.
- Google Shopper: Google Shopper is similar to Amazon’s Price Check, allowing users to scan barcodes and speak the name of the item you want to look up to help find ratings, reviews and vendors.
- MoneyPass: If you’re traveling or in an area of town you’re not familiar with, this app can be an invaluable tool. MoneyPass ATM Locator helps find the nearest ATM that won’t charge you huge fees.
All of these applications are wonderful tools to manage your accounts and spending activity, but use caution when signing up for app tracking systems as some can lead to security breaches. Read through the security features in the app details before you download or purchase an app to your computer, tablet or smartphone. Make sure your information will be safe and secure. Use unique passwords for maximum protection and change them often