Atlanta, GA – One Injured in House Fire on Martin Luther King Jr Dr
Atlanta, GA (September 27, 2022) – Around 5 p.m. on the evening of Tuesday, September 27, one person was injured in a house fire in Atlanta.
According to local officials, the fire broke out in the evening hours at 3100 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. Fire crews received a call and received at the home four minutes afterward. When they arrived, they found that a fire broke out on the first floor of the two-story home. Firefighters immediately broke down the door and were able to rescue two people inside.
Several local responders, including local EMS crews, were called to the scene to help those in need. A total of two people were rescued from inside the home. One of the parties sustained injuries as a result of the fire. They were transported to Grady Hospital for treatment, though their condition is not yet known.
The area was blocked for an extended period of time as fire crews brought the fire under control.
No further details have been released at this time. The investigation into the circumstances of the fire continues. Police will update with more information as it is available.
We offer our warmest sympathies to the party who has been hurt as a result of this fire.
House Fires in Georgia
Fires break out every single day in the U.S., with a percentage of these incidents starting in Georgia homes and commercial areas. In 2016, it was reported that a total of 154 people were killed as a result of fires in Georgia and many others were seriously injured. The aftermath of a fire can be a difficult thing to face, especially if you have sustained serious injuries like smoke inhalation or burn injuries. If you have sustained harm in a fire that was caused by the negligence of another party, you should speak with an attorney that you can trust.
In the blink of an eye, your life could be turned upside-down due to a Georgia house fire that was not your fault. There are many reasons why fires break out in Georgia every year, including the following:
- Malfunctioning appliances
- Wiring that was defective
- Negligent candle burning by others in the home
- Exploding products
If you have been seriously injured in a fire and wonder where you can turn, you should always have legal help on your side. It is crucial that you speak with an Atlanta personal injury attorney who has your best interests in mind.
Our attorneys at Monge & Associates are here for you after you have been seriously injured as a result of a Georgia fire. We understand how difficult it can be to face the aftermath of a fire entirely on your own. Having an attorney on your side can not only protect your rights but also help you answer any questions that you may have regarding your accident. We will help you work toward the compensation that you deserve to get back on your feet. Please contact a personal injury attorney in Atlanta at (888) 688-1924 for more information on your available options.
Note: Our writers used secondary sources when creating this accident news post. We have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this accident, therefore, if there is any information that is incorrect, contact Monge & Associates immediately. We will correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will remove a post if requested.
Disclaimer: This post is not a solicitation for business. None of the information in this post is intended to be medical or legal advice. The photo used in this post was not taken at the accident scene described in this post.