Atlanta Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer
HIGH-POWERED HIT-AND-RUN ATTORNEYS FIGHTING TO WIN YOUR CASE IN ATLANTA
According to the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, about 680,000 hit-and-run wrecks occur on American roadways each year. Using that data, it can be extrapolated that a negligent driver will commit a hit-and-run about once every 50 seconds. The dataset also shows that hit-and-run crashes are only increasing, year over year.
With so many negligent drivers on the road causing so many hit-and-runs, it is crucial that you have award-winning, heavy-hitting representation if you get hurt in a hit-and-run crash. Monge & Associates, P.C. in Atlanta, Georgia brings the fight to insurance companies and defendants in hit-and-run-accident claims. When our clients’ well-being is on the line, there is nothing that can make our Atlanta hit-and-run accident lawyers back down.
Our promises to our personal injury clients:
- We will talk to you about case updates the same day you call about them.
- We will devote our efforts 100% to your case’s success.
- We guarantee a bigger settlement offer than you had before hiring us, or you do not have to pay us.
- You can change law firms within 30 days of hiring us without any costs if you are dissatisfied with our service for any reason.
Call us at to request a free case evaluation at any time.
WHAT MAKES A CAR CRASH A HIT & RUN?
The idea of a hit-and-run accident conjures images of a driver causing a car accident and speeding away immediately, tires screeching on the asphalt. While this is certainly one form of hit-and-run accidents that occur, it is not the only type.
By most definitions, a hit-and-run accident is any car accident that includes at least one of the involved motorists leaving before exchanging enough identifying and insurance information. As such, someone who simply forgets to share their phone number with another driver before departing has technically committed a hit-and-run.
At Monge & Associates, P.C., we literally wrote the book on winning tough cases for good people in need. We make good things happen for other people!
HOW TO REACT AFTER BEING IN A HIT & RUN ACCIDENT
Your actions and behaviors after a car crash will heavily influence your chances of recovery later. This truth is no more prevalent than after a hit-and-run accident, where the liable party might try to illegal escape accountability by fleeing the scene. Knowing what to do ahead of time and taking appropriate action is a must.
After being in a hit-and-run accident, you should:
- Call the police: As soon as you can after another driver flees the scene without giving enough identifying or insurance information, call the police. You may have already called 911 if the accident caused serious injuries or vehicular damage that spread into the road. Committing a hit-and-run is illegal, and the police need to know about the reckless driver on the streets. They may be able to stop them before they cause another crash.
- Write down what you remember: Try to immediately record as much as you can about the other driver. Take helpful notes on the make and model of the car, any digits you can clearly recall from the license plate, the color of the vehicle, and the direction the vehicle went when leaving. If you can also remember what part of their car hit yours, then it will be easier for police to identify the vehicle, as it may have noticeable damage to that part.
- Talk to eyewitnesses: After a hit-and-run accident, your best chances of filing a claim against that driver might rely on what witnesses saw. Talk to any eyewitnesses who stop to check on you. They may have valuable information about the driver that you did not have a chance to notice or collect.
Secure Legal Champions to File Your Hit & Run Claim
Not knowing immediately who caused your car accident and injuries is a problem, but it is not one that is insurmountable. Getting the help of our quick-thinking, fast-acting Atlanta hit-and-run accident lawyers empowers your claim by placing it in the hands of a capable, experienced team. We know what needs to be done to ensure you get as large of a recovery as possible by the time your case concludes.
There are generally two potential options for filing a hit-and-run claim:
- Reckless driver: The police may be able to track down the hit-and-run driver based on the information you gave them after the collision. If this happens, then you can file your claim against them and their insurance company like normal. There will be a separate criminal case against them that will be managed by the state. The evidence used in the criminal case, as well as a conviction, can be massive benefits for your claim.
- Your own insurer: If the hit-and-run driver is never found, then our attorneys can still help you seek maximized compensation from your own insurance company. We are able to review your insurance policy for uninsured/underinsured insurance coverage and insist you get the maximum coverage amount possible.
CALL AN ATLANTA HIT-AND-RUN ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
From the first moment after a hit and run accident, the fight for your fair compensation and treatment begins. Hit and run drivers certainly do not want to be liable for what happened, and insurance companies would rather dodge any sort of insurance payout, too. Put our Atlanta hit and run accident attorneys on the case so we can do all the legwork while you focus on rest and recuperation, just as you deserve.
We can be reached 24/7. Contact us now.